Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Review: Luckiest Girl Alive

Luckiest Girl Alive Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I bought this book after I asked a book club full of fantastic members what they were reading. It didn't take me long to see why it's a great book club read. There are so many issues to discuss -- rape, date rape, consent, bullying, peer pressure, teacher/student relationships, friendship, and so much more.

The story is told from Ani's point of view and we learn very early on that something awful happened to her when she was 14 years old and going to a small private school near Philadelphia. Now 28 and a successful magazine editor, she's been asked to participate in a documentary about an incident at the school. We're led to believe -- or, at least I was -- it's about the incident involving Ani that we already know about. Turns out that it's not and the incident it is about is simply horrific and that -- not the first incident -- has had more of an effect on Ani's life.

One thing about her adult life is that she's engaged to a guy from -- as her mother would say -- a hoity toity family. But she's questioning whether he really is everything she ever wanted. She comes to what I believe is the perfect decision for the perfect reason.

I highly recommend this book, whether you belong to a book club or not.

View all my reviews

https://twitter.com/AnneSBU

Anne’s Book Club on Facebook

Anne's Book Club on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment