Monday, August 22, 2016

Review: Behind Closed Doors

Behind Closed Doors Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Psychological thrillers are my favorite kind of book and -- WOW! -- this one really did it for me. I do have to wonder, though, how the author came up with such a sick, twisted villain. Jack Angel is right up there with the worst of the worst of all time.

One of the things that makes him so bad -- and I'm not giving anything away but outing him as the bad guy. I got a Sleeping With the Enemy vibe very early on. -- is that he's so charming. George Clooney-esque, even. (You'll get it when you read it.)

It's hard to write much about the plot without giving a lot away, but I will say I hope everyone loves Millie -- Jack's sister-in-law with Downs Syndrome -- as much as I do. And, I hope the books gives everyone a lot of issues to discuss at book clubs or with friends -- things like spousal abuse, disabilities, mental illness, and more.

I highly recommend this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment