Monday, August 29, 2016

Review: The Couple Next Door

The Couple Next Door The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Secrets, secrets and more secrets. This book is full of them -- and twists. They all make for a book I could not put down.

Anne and Marco Conti are at a dinner party when their 6-month-old daughter Cora is kidnapped. About halfway through the book we find out who was involved in the kidnapping and why but, it also gets juicier as the culprit tries to keep the secret even though this person has a feeling people know.

The police are treating Anne and Marco as suspects and, as they are questioned numerous times, secret upon secret is revealed.

I'm not going to say any more about the story because I really don't want to spoil it. But, I will say ... This is a debut?!? Holy smokes, Shari Lapena, I wish you'd started writing sooner. Keep it up. I'm looking forward to the next one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment