Thursday, August 4, 2016

Review: Killer Look

Killer Look Killer Look by Linda Fairstein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Linda Fairstein starts this book about three weeks after the last Alexandra Cooper books ends, which means Coop is still reeling from being kidnapped and ... Well, in case you didn't read the last one, I'll stop there. Anyway, she is suffering from PTSD and is also drinking more than her police detective/friend/boyfriend thinks is good for her. She's also on leave from the DA's office, which gives her too much time inside her own head.

But, thanks to an old high school friend who asks for a favor, she finds herself helping in the investigation of a high profile murder case involving a fashion industry icon.

One of the things I like about this book -- and all of Linda's books -- is the tour of New York City given by someone who's lived and worked there. She provides so much detail it's as close to being there as you're going to get.

This book will keep you guessing 'til the end -- And, oh, what an ending! I had 80 pages to go and still had no idea who the killer was. When I'm reading I like to guess, but I like it even more when I don't have a clue.

In a word, Killer Look is brilliant.

You can listen to my interview with Linda at WESB.com/on-demand.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment