Friday, November 7, 2014

Book Review
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry

Any review I write for this delightful, insightful, poignant and oh-so-satisfying book will not do it justice. I love it so much that I might start carrying it around to show people and say, “This, my friend, is why I love books.”

Briefly, it’s about love, loving books and loving people who love books. It also has a couple of mysteries that we learn are actually tied together. It has two very different romances, a growing and ever-evolving relationship between an adopted daughter/father duo, a dastardly villain, a totally comedic interlude that turns out to be quite distressing, and so much more.

I’m not even going to try to introduce the characters to you because I could never do it as well as the author does. But I will say I love them all (except the dastardly villain) and they will be with me for a long time, if not forever.

Even before I finished the book (the last couple of dozen pages with tissue in hand and wiping tears from my eyes – both sad and happy tears) I knew it would go straight to the “favorites” section in my collection.

https://twitter.com/AnneSBU

Anne’s Book Club on Facebook

Anne's Book Club on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment