Sunday, November 30, 2014

Book Review
Hope to Die

I have been anxiously awaiting "Hope to Die" since I finished "Cross My Heart" last year and it was worth the wait. (By the way, I am not one of the people who was disappointed with the ending to "Cross My Heart." I just wanted Mr. Patterson to write faster!) This book starts where the other left off -- Alex Cross's family is missing and presumed dead.

It's hard to give a synopsis without giving away too much of the story, but I can say that the Cross's foster daughter Ava returns and plays a major role in figuring out who the murderer/kidnapper is.

If you're one of the people who usually finishes an Alex Cross book in one sitting, you will be doing that again. Even as Alex reaches the depths we never thought his spirit would reach, his character and perserverence shine through and he does what he needs to do to get the job done.

I have read some Goodreads reviews in which people are saying they are sad because this is the last Alex Cross book. I don't know where they got that idea. There is one paragraph where Alex says he'd give it all up if ... But the next paragraph talks about Nana Mama telling him you can't bargain with God. And let's face it, folks. Alex Cross is a goldmine for James Patterson. Why would he stop writing Alex Cross stories. I hope I'm right about that, and he never stops.

https://twitter.com/AnneSBU

Anne’s Book Club on Facebook

Anne's Book Club on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment