Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Book Review
Invisible by James Patterson & David Ellis

I literally got chills when the killer’s identity was revealed in this book. (And, I mean the literal meaning of literally.) I thought I had it figured out a few chapters before the big reveal but, oh no, was I ever wrong!

The premise of the book is that a criminal genius of a serial killer is murdering people and then setting fires that look accidental to cover up the killings. Because the arsons/murders are committed all over the country, in different jurisdictions, law enforcement doesn’t see a pattern. But when the twin sister of FBI research analyst Emmy Dockery dies in a fire Emmy thinks the circumstances surrounding the fatal blaze don’t add up and she launches her own investigation. She’s been suspended, so she’s on her own for a while on the investigation. Eventually, though, because of her persistence and a couple of other factors, the FBI devotes its full resources to catching the diabolical criminal.

The identity of the killer wasn’t the only “Oh my God” moment in the book, but I really can’t get into any of those moments without giving away too much of the story.

I can say, though, that the story is told not only from Emmy’s point of view but that of the serial killer as well, as the “subject” records everything concerning the crimes.

This is one of the most satisfying, thrilling, creepy and terrifying James Patterson books ever. “Invisible” was co-authored by David Ellis, and now I’m looking forward to reading his books.

5 of 5

https://twitter.com/AnneSBU

Anne’s Book Club on Facebook

Anne's Book Club on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment