Friday, March 4, 2016

Review: The Vanishing of Flight MH370: The True Story of the Hunt for the Missing Malaysian Plane

The Vanishing of Flight MH370: The True Story of the Hunt for the Missing Malaysian Plane The Vanishing of Flight MH370: The True Story of the Hunt for the Missing Malaysian Plane by Richard Quest
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fascinating! Richard Quest is CNN's Aviation Correspondent and followed the story of Malayasian Airlines flight 370 from the very beginning. He details everything that happened from the plane's disappearance to the search effort (to the time of the printing. But I interviewed him the day after it was revealed that a search team may have found part of the plane. Very interesting!) and everything in between.

He describes the scientific parts of the search in layman's terms so it's very easy to understand. As he told me in the interview: His job to help people understand difficult issues.

His descriptions of how the families of the plane's passengers were treated are so good that it brought make most of the feelings I had two years ago. I couldn't imagine how they felt then. Now, two years later, it's unfathomable that they still have no answers.

Quest also writes about his experiences with CNN, which is very interesting as well. And, yes, he explains why the network wanted to "own the story."

Now, even more than I did two years ago, I hope they find out how and why this plane disappeared.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in preparation for a interview with the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment