Monday, March 21, 2016

Review: All Dressed in White

All Dressed in White All Dressed in White by Mary Higgins Clark
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Adding new authors to my list of favorites is one of the exciting aspects of my life. More people on the list means more satisfying reads and less disappointment, especially if I’ve “discovered” an author who is a few books into a series because I have to catch up.

But sometimes I don’t want excitement. Sometimes I want to be in my most comfy pjs with my favorite tea and a warm blanket around my shoulders reading an author I know will deliver.

That’s Mary Higgins Clark. Reading her – after finding so many new people to read – is like coming home.

“All Dressed in White” is the second book in her “Under Suspicion” series written with Alafair Burke.

“Under Suspicion” is a TV show that’s something like a cross between “Unsolved Mysteries” and “Dateline.” Laurie Moran is the producer and, when the mother of the media-dubbed Runaway Bride shows up in her office, she’s intrigued but not quite sure the case fits their criteria. The show needs a crime to solve, not a search for a young woman with cold feet.

The mom eventually does convince Laurie that the case would be perfect for the show – after Laurie does a little sleuthing on her own.

During the filming of the show almost the entire wedding party – especially the almost-groom – and a photographer are considered suspects at one time or another. And for good reasons, not some contrived plot mover.

“I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough” has become such a cliché in book reviews but – I’m tellin’ ya! – the last hundred or so pages were enthralling and I couldn’t turn them fast enough.

After 40 years, Mary Higgins Clark has still got it.



View all my reviews

https://twitter.com/AnneSBU

Anne’s Book Club on Facebook

Anne's Book Club on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment