Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Good Girl
By Mary Kubica

Before I start the actual review, I’d like to say I think it’s about time every good, psychological thriller stop being compared to “Gone Girl.”

With that said, I really liked this book and was blown away by the ending, which answered – perfectly – one gnawing question I had starting about halfway through the book.

The story is told in present day, and in flashbacks, by Eve Dennett, mother of 25-year-old kidnap victim Mia Dennett; Gabe Hoffman, the detective assigned to the case; and Colin Thatcher, the kidnapper. Throughout the book we get various perspectives on the lives of the narrators, as well as Mia, her sister Grace, their father Judge Dennett, and Colin’s mother.

As you get closer to the end you might wonder, as I did, how the author was going to wrap everything up in just the few pages that are left. She manages to do it in a way that I didn’t see coming until the last few pages.

After I read the book I quite a few bad reviews from people who absolutely hated this book. I don’t understand that at all. I was totally immersed in the story and find myself making up stories about what happened to the characters after the end of the book.

I am looking forward to reading Mary Kubica’s next two books.

https://twitter.com/AnneSBU

Anne’s Book Club on Facebook

Anne's Book Club on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment