Friday, August 5, 2016

Review: The Little Paris Bookshop

The Little Paris Bookshop The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If I could give this book more than five stars I would. I couldn't put it down, and didn't want it to end.

The story centers around Monsieur Perdu, who runs a bookstore on a barge on the Seine River in Paris, and considers himself a literary apothecary. How can you not love a book when the main character believes the right book can cure your ills -- and knows exactly what book you should read?

Ironically, though, Monsieur Perdu can't cure himself. His true love left him, leaving behind a letter which, after decades, he still has not opened.

Finally opening the letter sets Monsieur Perdu and a wacky (for the most part) cast of characters on a journey that will change all of their lives.

If you love books -- I mean really love books! -- you won't be disappointed with The Little Paris Bookshop

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment