Friday, September 12, 2014

Counting Down Bruce Springsteen:
His 100 Finest Songs
By Jim Beviglia

If I could give this book more than 5 stars I would. If I could, I'd give it 5 plus infinity. It's a must-read for any Springsteen fan, or anyone who loves a Springsteen fan but doesn't quite understand the devotion the fan has for The Boss.

If you've ever wondered by "Tenth Avenue Freeze Out" is so beloved by Springsteen's fans, or if you want to hear the story behind "Jungleland," this is the book for you. You may even gain new appreciation for and deeper understanding of some of your favorite songs. For example, I've always loved "Rosalita," but having an expert like Beviglia write about the sheer bravado Springsteen displayed in writing and recording it made me love it even more.

Wouldn't you love to have a job where you get to listen to Springsteen songs all day? *sigh*

Listen to my conversation with Jim Beviglia here.

https://twitter.com/AnneSBU

Anne’s Book Club on Facebook

Anne's Book Club on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment